Thursday, May 28, 2009

School on Monday

Guille had to go to the doctor on Monday morning, so Sandra came to pick me up.  I assumed she would come late since she gets to school late.  When Maribel came to school to ask someone to give me a ride due to the robbery, Sandra had offered, saying we wouldn't have to get to school right at 8 since I didn't teach until 8:50 all days except Tuesdays.  
At 7:30, ten minutes after my alarm, I got the text that she was on her way!  Whoops!  I got dressed quickly and might have left out make-up.  I got to our meeting point three blocks away and she wasn't there.  As I was pulling out my phone to text her, I saw her rounding the corner.  She had made it all the way to my house.  Next time she needs to pick me up, I'll be ready early!
We got to school and life was as usual.  Ramón (PE) found me before the day was over to give me my greeting kiss.  My just-a-little-too-close-to-my-lips greeting kiss.  I mean, I try to avoid him, but it's impossible.  So then I just have to shudder as he walks away.
At recreo, Sandra came in with a bag of tamales de piña for me because before the flu outbreak, in normal conversation I had mentioned that I'd never had them and since I loved tamales so much, I needed to try them.  She had wanted to bring me some then, but kept forgetting.  Then we got out for the flu.  The lady who sells food at recreo had brought them that week, so she bought some and brought them in to me.  By then, I had already tried them, but I was more than willing to take them home and take care of them.  They're just like tamales de elote (the sweet corn ones), only they also have pineapple strips in them.  Heavenly.
I took those home and they didn't last past lunch.  

No comments: