Thursday, May 28, 2009

Movies?

I have not seen many movies while in Mexico this year.  I don't see a ton of movies in the States, but usually on breaks from school I make up for the months I go without seeing them.  I've been to the theater only once this year and rented about the same.
I got a text from Alma about the time I got home that we would either go to the movies or dinner at 9.  I was excited to have plans.  There were a few weeks of mourning over Lenin that we didn't get out much!  I texted her back saying I'd love to see the Ex-Girlfriends movie with my boy Matthew McConaughey.  She said she'd let me know the plan.
Mamá fixed tacos dorados for lunch and I couldn't have been happier.  She is such an amazing cook.  She's going to have a lot of teaching to do in the week I'm out of school and still in Culiacán.  As yummy and filling as those are, I still needed some chocolate later, so I walked to the Oxxo.  As I was approaching, a car honked at me (not out of the ordinary), but I thought it was Mayrita.  I waved, but then suddenly was embarrassed thinking I was mistaken.  I walked in and saw the girl I thought I had seen in the car and thought, "Great.  Not Mayrita."  But then I saw her at the counter adding time to her phone.  We chatted for a minute and she seemed nervous or some such.  Like she knew something or had some secret, yet wasn't sure how to tell it or how to hide it.
I asked her if she'd be going to the movies and she said yes.  We chatted for just a second and then she had to jet because she had to work.  I thought it was strange, but just went back home.
I got a text from Iván later asking if I'd heard about the movies and I said yes, see you there.
I did what I could blogging, but battled big time with my connection.  I hate when that happens.  When I'm all motivated and ready and have the time, but the internet doesn't cooperate.

No comments: