Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More Rain

I took the cab to the bus station.  Easily, I got my ticket for DF, but this bus station was much bigger than the one where I had arrived the day before.  It was huge!  I actually thought for a moment that I might already be in DF!
The bus ride was uneventful and rain filled.  I knew when we got to DF when we were stopping and going.  But stopping much more than going.
Once we finally pulled in, it was pouring!  I paid for my taxi, not knowing exactly where I was going.  I think I explained before that in DF you have to know where you're going.  You need to know the name of the area as well as both cross streets and a major street that is nearby.  All I had was the street address and a close metro stop.
I paid my taxi and got in.  It was stuffy since the windows were closed due to the rain.  The driver wasn't my biggest fan since I didn't know exactly where I was going; he wasn't one of those that found my foreignness cute.
I couldn't call Kermit and Gretchen the whole time we were driving because it was long distance as well as roam.  So I waited until we got really close.  Kermit gave semi-specific directions.  The driver wanted to drop me at the gate of the complex, but there are at least 20 apartment buildings in this complex and theirs is toward the back.  Yeah right I wanted to face that alone, walking in the rain!
I asked him to back up and pull in.  He did.  Hesitantly.  As soon as we entered, he told me to call again.  I waited until we were much closer.  He was not happy.
I was glad to let him go and join the Yoder-Schrock clan in the 10th floor apartment.  I was afraid I would leave Puebla late and be the last one there.  I was the first!

No comments: