Friday, May 8, 2009

Threat Level

On Wednesday, the international threat level for Pig Flu increased from a 4 to a 5 on a scale of 6.  I had another minor panic attack.  There were zero cases in Culiacán.  All my DF Mexican friends were blaming it on political cover up.  It was a minute by minute change of feeling.  Sometimes I felt safe as could be in Culiacán, and other times I pictured myself on my death bed in a Mexican hospital dying alone.  Okay, not quite that dramatic, but close.
I videoed PK and asked his opinion.  He was like me.  Seems like there's no reason to come home since it's here too, BUT if you get the flu in Mexico, who knows what kinds of drugs you'd get and when you'd get them.  At least in the US he thought he could have easy access to Tamiflu.
I emailed Mom and Dad telling them my plan to search for flights.
After eating lunch, I calmed down a little, but still did my flight search.  $1200 seemed a little steep for a preventative measure to something that may not even come to Culiacán (note: currently they're saying the virus can't survive here because it's so hot).
By Thursday I was calmed down and decided to stick it out.

No comments: