Thursday, May 7, 2009

Monday morning travels

I was less than thrilled on Monday morning (but aligned and as well rested as possible due to a Tempur-pedic mattress that I'm in love with!) to be on the road again, only to have to get on another three airplanes.  The good news was that I didn't have to go through Houston this time.
As we approached Nashville, Ashley and I considered and re-considered Briley Parkway to the airport.  It seems it always has construction issues.  We decided to avoid it.  But then we thought we might've made a mistake since we'd have to go all the way to the south side of downtown, sitting through early morning Nashville traffic.  The good news is we got to the airport right at 7.  Ashley dropped us and went to park the car.  
Andy got checked in quickly at Southwest even though there was a really long line.  I, on the other hand, had to deal with a lost-itinerary.  My name wasn't in the system in the automated machines.  The guy at the desk, though, was helpful enough and got me through in about 20 minutes.  Since Andy's flight left much earlier than mine, I sent him on through security, thinking I would see him on the other side, or at least in Mexico in two weeks.
It turned out taking longer than I thought, so Andy texted Ashley saying where his gate was (last one) and that he would be boarding soon, so we probably wouldn't get to say goodbye but that he'd see me soon.
Once I got through, I still had over an hour and a half until my flight, so Ashley and I just sat on a bench, waiting for time to pass.
When it got closer to time (and when she needed to get to work), I went on through- another tear-less departure!  I'm loving the new me that doesn't cry all the time.
I was excited about my travels this time because I had more room.  Since I had brought a ton of stuff back and would only be returning to Mexico with a few extra things (body wash, shoes, etc), I had enough space to check my one suitcase, and then put my backpack in my rolling carryon.  It was really nice to only have one thing to worry about, and it not be on my back, weighing me down!

No comments: