Thursday, May 28, 2009

Volaris/Culiacán

The flight back was the same as the flight there- antibacterial gel, no food, lots of sleeping.  When we arrived, they gave us juice and a donut (Have I mentioned that the donuts in this country, like all other foods, are so much better than the ones in the States?!) and I stumbled completely exhausted into the baggage claim area.  I filled out my form and as I turned around, I saw Iván waiting for me outside.  Alma hadn't answered me the night before or that morning about coming to pick me up, so I assumed I was taking a taxi.  Iván and I chatted for a few and he said he would've taken me home if he hadn't been working.  I paid my 120 pesos (highway robbery for a small place like Culiacán) and got in my taxi.  My taxi driver was yet another flirty type.  He had six kids (and had trouble remembering their names!) with three different women.  Nice.  It was too early and I was too grumpy to deal with how much he was going to miss me and yada yada.
I got home around 8 and crashed in the bed.  I woke up around 2 to eat lunch and went back to bed.  I could live every day like that- sleep all day, waking only to eat!

No comments: