Thursday, May 7, 2009

Customs, Phone, Taxi

When Mom arrived in March, even though she had gone through Customs in DF, she had to fill out the same form in Culiacán (another explanatory sign needed, please), so I went ahead and started filling that one out.  While I was doing that, Iván called since I had basically cut him off in the cockpit.  I had luggage to get, and a home to get to!  We chatted for a few minutes about how he had scared me, my flight, my time home, yada yada.  At this point, I was next in line and the woman wouldn't take my form until I was off the phone.  I got all confused and couldn't think of any words in either language.  So I cut Iván off again (luckily he heard the woman telling me no phones, to which I responded, "Gracias") and got through security.
I made my way outside and took a taxi home.  Home sweet home.  It wasn't even 8 pm yet.  Awesome!  I got a shower and started the unpacking process that would end up taking a week.
It was good to be "home."

No comments: