Friday, May 8, 2009

Sleep-a-thon

Big surprise here, I slept all day Tuesday.  I got up to eat lunch and went back to bed.  I was going to go to yoga, but couldn't make myself do it!  Héctor texted saying they were going to get sushi if we wanted to go.  I tried to find a way to decline, but luckily (or unfortunately, I suppose) I had a reason.  When I got up at one point on Tuesday, Alma came into my room and spilled her guts.  Lenin had broken up with her.  The long and short of it is that he's a traditional old-school Mexican who needs his wife in the kitchen and she's a relatively independent Mexican woman.  She likes to travel and float about in several different groups.  They both wanted to change a little to much in the other without realizing it.  It would prove to be a very hard few days for Alma.  But that night, Marya and I took her to sushi.
Not the same sushi as the guys.
We finished there, drove around some, and came back to the house.  Mayra wanted to make sure Iván got his sweaters back, so she and I dropped off Alma and I drover her car over to Iván's.  I made Mayra promise me we wouldn't stay because I couldn't handle being around Héctor anymore.
We get there and it's only Iván, José Luis, and Raul.  Perfect!  We drop off the sweaters and up pulls Quinantzin driving the rest of them.  Ugh.
They invite us in.
We accept.  Thanks, Mayra!
We get inside and everyone quickly takes seats.  Mayra and I are the only ones left standing and there are only two spots left.  One right by Héctor, and one by that spot.  "Sit down, girls!"
Ugh.
I give Mayra the look, and then start pulling up my hair (This whole no air thing is not going to work out well in the coming months!).  She, thanks to our car talk, takes one for Team Laura and sits by Héctor.  I owe her.
We watch my skydiving video as well as three others that have been made.  Mine has an error, so it's a good thing we watched it!
The guys were discussing their plan for Guadalajara the next week and that we should go with them.  Hmmm...
Doubtful, but if enough of my friends went, I could be in for it (I was beginning to get bored and had no long weekend trip planned).
We were home by three I think.

No comments: