Thursday, May 7, 2009

Glasgow

After my haircut, Ashley and I returned to a sleeping house.  Dad, Suzanne, and Andy were all asleep.  I woke Andy up and told him it was time to head north.  He got up and we packed it all in to Ashley's car.  
We got to the house to a very pathetic PK and Mer in the recliner and on the couch, respectively.  Bless their hearts.  They had spent the afternoon at TJ getting x-rays and being checked out.  Jack was out getting their muscle relaxers when we got there.  
I really felt awful for them, and it was only then that I realized the magnitude of their wreck.  They had hydroplaned on I-65, crossed traffic to hit an embankment (?) and then crossed back over I-65.  All this without getting hit by any oncoming traffic.  
I'm so glad I didn't realize all this earlier in the day or I would've been an emotional wreck until I saw them.
We listened to their tales of the wreck until Grandmother got there.  Then we got focused on dinner.  Of course I was not hungry, but why should that stop me from eating?!
We sat down to a yummy meal catered to all three of us.  There was barbecued chicken for me (and fruit salad!).  I'm now forgetting what was for the boys.  Maybe corn pudding for PK?  I think there was asparagus.  And I think for Andy it was baked potatoes?  Three weeks is just too long to update a blog!  We also had chocolate pie (which Andy could claim) that Grandmother had made.  The surprise hit for the day was her other pie, though.  Banana pudding pie.  It was fantastic!  I had a small slice of each to tide me over until summer.
After dinner, PK and Mer's muscle relaxers had kicked in, and they were just ready to get back home.  I was sad that I had such limited time to see them, but had been so excited to see both my brothers.  I don't miss people while I'm here (I know that sounds cold, but it's not.  It just means I'm in a good place), but it certainly is nice to see them when I get the chance.  I really hated it for Patrick and Meredith that they had that wreck for so many reasons.  The biggest one was selfish and that I wanted to spend more time with them.  Another is that that would only be the beginning of a terrible week for them...
They got in Mom's car and she left to take them back to their house in Louisville, while Ashley, Andy and I headed back toward Bowling Green.

No comments: