Thursday, May 7, 2009

Summer lovin'

As we were leaving the park, fully and completely comfortable with each other after a sub-ground experience and lively dinner conversation, Chory decided to entertain us with his Grease singing abilities!  He popped his collar, and Beto rolled up his shirt sleeve, enclosing a package of cigarettes.  "Tell me more, tell me more!"  He did both parts and it was absolutely hilarious.
7pm traffic on a Friday is lousy, even going into DF, so it took us awhile to get back to the hotel.  As we were riding, we saw signs that Obama had been there.
Paloma told the guys that we had asked for a Mexican night out on the town for our last night in Mexico City.  While it was a lie, I have really embraced Fulbright's suggestion to go everywhere and do everything that is offered to me.  We were tired, though, and had a long day of travel ahead of us (if only we'd known just how long!), so I was non-committal.  I told them we'd text and let them know.  I asked for a ballpark time and we decided close to 11, by the time they got home, cleaned up and back this way.
As soon as we got to the room, we decided to get packing and to seize the day.  So I texted Paloma and told him we'd be ready at 11.
We went for our Magnum run to the nearest Oxxo, got some things packed, and then rested.  Ashley fell asleep several times, so I figured we were going to back out, but she kept answering "no" when I'd ask if she wanted me to tell them never mind.

No comments: