Monday, May 25, 2009

Sin Conexión

Our date for the practice was at 8 am my time.  I was ready with my laptop and wireless internet; of course it let me down.  I could not get my connection to the video functions.  I was able to establish a shaky and horrible connection to gmail after a bit, but no video.  Then I lost my connection all together.  I got online on school, but there's no camera function there...
We got a video connection for about 10 seconds, but it was delayed and fuzzy.  We finally decided we would talk later and attempt another run through.
I headed to teach my two first grade classes from 8:50-9:40 and 9:40-10:30.  I almost always arrive late to my second first grade group.  I love them (more) and they are the faster group, so they can handle it that I'm late.  However, the reason I'm late is usually because Anabel is SLOW getting back to her classroom after I've sent a student for her.
I probably got there around 9:45/9:50.  At 10, the bell rang.  I was very confused.  I popped my head out the door and saw Ulises (3rd grade) and he assured me that yes, it was in fact recreo time.  I let the little critters go...
At 10:30, the bell rang again.  It was apparently shift two for recess.  They had recess for half the school at 10 and the other half at 10:30.  This was one of the genius preventative (slash we need to look like we care) measures for the flu.  Genius.  Had I realized what was going on, I would've gone back to first grade and finished with them.  However, I was left in the dark, so I just had an hour long recess!  Typical.  Welcome back from your flu vacation...to your professional vacation.  

No comments: