Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nope.

I didn't really want to get up!  I slept until right at 8 and went for breakfast.  I wasn't sure if I'd be leaving with Pancho at 9, but if I were, I needed to be ready!
I had another huge breakfast and laughed to myself as the grandparent parade commented on every dish- guessed what it might be, commented on what it tasted like, etc.
I saw Pancho and he broke the news to me that there was no tour that day.  I was a little bummed considering I had just paid the day before for an extra night here.  Had I known there was no tour and no horses, I would've gone back on Monday to my friends who were already missing me!
I headed back to my room to plan my day.  9:30- included walking tour for two hours.  12- lunch.  afternoon-nap and reflect.  Done.
At 9:10, Pancho came knocking on my door to tell me that he could call a friend to come bring a horse if I wanted.  Seize the day.  Sure, Pancho.  
They'd be there at ten.
That made me feel much better.  I was getting to do one of the things I had wanted desperately to do, and I wasn't "wasting a day."
I got into my ridiculously overused (aka dirty) jeans and met up with Jilo out front at a little after 10.

No comments: