Thursday, May 28, 2009

Guille's rides home

After a car has been in the sun for four hours in Sinaloa, the heat is just ridiculous.  Guille has a little shade for her front windshield, but it does little to combat the crazy heat that invades this city!  When we leave in the afternoon, she has the air on level 2 and it takes forever to cool off.  Not to mention she stops and goes in a way that would make me pretty nauseated, even if I were in the cool.  I remember being younger and riding in Honey's BMW to Brad's.  We would crank the air all the way to 5 and she would say, "Don't you wish there was a six?"  I did; I did wish there had been a six!  But Guille just leaves it on the next-to-lowest setting.  That makes me all the hotter thinking about how much faster it would cool off if she'd rev it up.
Oh well.  I try to remain focused on being thankful for the ride.

No comments: