Saturday, May 30, 2009

Maribel

Yep, on Thursday she called again!  I wasn't prepared for it though, because I don't teach 1st grade on Thursdays.  This time she called during recreo and told me that Rocio needed a favor at the office.  She wasn't sure what it would be but we would both be going.  I informed her that I was in jeans and a t-shirt (not my cutest) and she said she was, too.  It was okay, though because Rocio would not be there.  She said she'd pick me up at 12 and we'd go from there.  She also told me she had fussed at Arturo for not feeding me lunch that day at Casa Achoy.  I felt terrible of course.
We got to the SEP (the Board of Education) and found parking which is a miracle in itself!  We got to the office and were taken to Rocio's office to look for some presentation she had done but needed translated into English.  Apparently Mayra Cota (the director over the scholarships- I'm not sure what else she does) had already translated a good part of it.  We waited for Mayra to get there.  Arturo showed up to do something else in the office.  He was no help with which presentation and what we were to actually do.
Mayra got there and gave me stuff to check while she and Maribel translated more.  Then we rotated.  After an hour and a half we were almost finished and lunch had arrived.  It was sushi, but a kind and a place I had never had.  It was almost sensory overload.  There were a lot of flavors mixed in (sauces and such on top, very Mexican), but it was good.  And I was ridiculously full when we finished.  After another 15 minutes, we finished all the work and Maribel dropped me off at home.  That was the night Rocio thanked me and talked to be about the voice correction after yoga.  She took me home and told me that there would be a "sneak peek" of the video on Monday in her office.  All the coordinators from the state would be there and she wanted me to come.  Of course, when I told Maribel, she told me to wait until it was confirmed, since I had no ride yet.  She'd let me know the plan on Monday.

No comments: