Saturday, May 30, 2009

Feliz Cumpleaños, Marco

We got to Wings after the party had gotten started of course.  Quinantzin came to pick us up around 9:20 and the official start time was 8:30.  We then went to pick up Mayrita and were at Wings before 10.  We had tried to order ahead, but it didn't work out.  This was going to be an interesting night (or at least had potential for that) since Karla would be there and she's basically the reason Lenin and Graciela are together.
It all worked out okay.  In the picture above, from left to right around the table:Me, Alma, a friend of Karla's I don't know, Karla, another friend of hers, Mayrita, Quinantzin.
We all ordered our stuff and waited.  Topete and Iván joined our end of the table and the photo session began.  Alma never lets a photo op pass.  There are plenty of pictures I left out to spare you.

The one picture Topete smiled normally in.  Alma and I couldn't get it together (on a side note, I couldn't get my picture taking act together all night!).
This was supposed to be the girly picture like three best girl friends.  Topete didn't cooperate this time.
But take two was hilarious.
Alma felt the need to goof up a picture with Topete because he had given her bunny ears in a picture for someone else's camera.
There's no telling what was said or done here, but I obviously found it funny.
This time Alma and I did it right and Iván didn't cooperate.  
The whole group with the birthday boy: Mayrita, Quinantzin, Iván, Marco, Grace Kelly (no joke), Alma, Topete, me.
Karina called Alma around 12 and said she should come over to Johana's and spend the night.  She asked me if I wanted to go and I probably answered more quickly than was polite.  I needed my bed and I needed lots of sleep!  Alma left when Topete did since he lives close to Johana.  I got to witness how the group bill gets paid in Mexico.  I had always marveled that seemed to just work out.  Well it doesn't.  The key is to pay your part and leave.  We stuck around until the bill came with lots of people's money.  The fortunate part was that Marco and Ana Lu were taking care of the bills, so we ended up just leaving our money and going, too.  It was a fun night.  We made plans for another visit to the movies on Friday.  We had plans for a Girls' Night Out with the English teachers, but more than one commitment never stops Mexican plans!

No comments: