Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tacos Dorados and Game night

At some point in the afternoon, I got a text that it would be game night at Iván's.  Good thing I got rested up all afternoon because game nights often go into the wee hours of the morning.
Around 8, Alma and I were watching 50 first dates when Mamá Alma asked if we wanted to go eat tacos dorados for dinner.  We went to a little restaurant (the kind where you sit on the sidewalk) around the corner.  Delish.
Shortly after, Mayrita came to pick us up.
We got there, and in a sense we were the entertainment.  Alma had learned a new card game in Mazatlán, so that was what we played.  Each person had to draw a card when it was his/her turn and each card meant a different game.  One was called abuelo (granddaddy) and everyone had to talk covering their teeth.  It was fun and funny.  In the middle of that game, Liliana and Renato showed up and we played their game, Sequence.  It's a game of logic, strategy, and luck.  I really enjoyed that one.  At the end of that game, Liliana and I started talking about how her family has game night every Friday night and that Sequence is often the game of choice.  But she said it's highly competitive and that the stakes are high.  She also said that I needed to come sometime.  I hope it works out!
We played three rounds of Sequence before they decided to play Alma's game again.  Lili and I sat out.  We talked about how the end was in sight and she got the dates so she could start planning my going away party.  Ha!  I know exactly how muhc planning will go into it.  Suffice it to say she's not planning right now. 

No comments: