Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday's Exam

Maribel had told me to be at Josefa at 8 am on Thursday.  Why so early when the first exam was at 9, I wasn't sure, but I made sure to be there before 8:15.  I was the first one to arrive of course.  She came in loaded down and sweaty from having walked six blocks from the office due to no parking.  Coquín, the English teacher there, was there to assist us.  She teaches over 60 sixth grade girls at a time, so Maribel broke them into two groups and we each would test a half of a class at 9 and then another group at 11.  Thank goodness Coquín was there because she read the 30 minute-long instructions in Spanish.  I could've gotten through it, but my mouth would've been tired and it would've taken more like an hour!
While the girls were testing, I worked on some ideas for testing my kids back home.  I also made lists of things I needed to do before I leave.  It's getting closer and closer and I don't want to forget pictures of things or people.  I've got a thousand lists going right now.  I figure I'll get them all organized in the next five weeks of school and get them accomplished before I go.
At 10:30, we broke for recreo and snacked.  Then at 11, we started with the next group.  We didn't finish until after 12:30.  I walked with Maribel (and the 130 exams) to the office.  Once there, Ana Luisa asked if I could help reword a translation for Rocio.  Sure thing.  I got to work on that and then called it a day.

No comments: