Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Included meals

Of course I would gain about 10 pounds in four days with three included big meals each day.  And breakfast was unfortunately a buffet.  Not good!  anyway, after the afternoon hike, I got back to the room to chill and get ready for dinner.  Little did I know how chill I'd get.  I put my jeans and long sleeved t-shirt back on from my train ride the day before.  I sat on my balcony and took in the sites.  I uploaded my pictures and journaled a little.  I could already tell a difference in my spirit.  I was so calm.  And so happy.  Something about being alone with a purpose is so nice!  I suppose it has to be well-timed, but this one was perfectly timed!  This weekend would end up being one of the most reflective times in my life.
I made it up to my free dinner at the strike of 7 (I had only eaten the one plain gordita at 3:30 and not had a big breakfast either.  I was starving!) and enjoyed a soup, a plate of fajitas (look out Las Mariachis- you've got nothing on these guys!) and jello for dessert.  Jello is not my fave, but when it's free you eat- hence the poundage.
As I was walking out, I said hey to my new friends from DF that were just arriving.  Also, this man named Pancho stopped me to talk about optional tours.  I had asked Mario (owner/manager) about the tours so I wouldn't get bored with too much reflection, and he said that they usually require four people for a tour.  However, he said that since it was low season, he would talk to this Pancho fella to see what they could work out to add one or two people to my group.
He suckered me in, and apparently another couple (I would find out the next day).
I made my way back to my reflective balcony for the evening, wrote, and got in bed to prepare for my 5:30 wake-up call!

No comments: