Saturday, May 23, 2009

Uncomfortable









I had saved my second pair of jeans for the ride back wanting to feel somewhat clean while traveling.  I also had bought a new long-sleeved t-shirt.  I have been on the hunt for one since arriving in Mexico.  It's clearly not necessary in Culiacán, so I haven't seen any.  But there were none in Cozumel or Mazatlán either.  I didn't do an all out search in DF, where I probably would've found one, but I had gotten carried away with Talavera pottery and jewelry!
I was prepared for another long nap at the beginning of my journey.  Several things stood in my way.  My seats, while I got two, had an immobile armrest between the two.  There was no lying down on this ride.  Then there was the air conditioning.  I was so cold on the first train, I almost was uncomfortable.  Thankfully I always travel with socks and had planned ahead with the jeans and long sleeves.  This time, I think my vent was broken.  First I thought it was muggy because the door was propped open.  But later, it was still hot.  I moved farther back in the car and got much more comfortable (but I didn't move until after an hour or so- carsickness was fast approaching).  I took more pictures this time, thankfully, which you can see above.  I had my coca light from a glass bottle and did what I could to pass the time.  The 10 hour ride back (as is true with most destinations) was not nearly as fun or exciting as the way there...  At 9:30, we were finally pulling into the train station in Los Mochis. (Come back for the pictures at a later date.  I'm tired of waiting for them to load and that's keeping me from more entries)

No comments: