Thursday, May 7, 2009

Carryon Rolling Suitcase

I have the absolute best suitcase ever.  It's from Land's End and is gray.  I got it as a graduation present from church when I graduated high school GASP ten years ago!  It has been all over with me.  It's been to all over Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Spain, Australia, and many US cities.  Its rollerblade wheels have been drug over gravel, concrete, carpet, and snow!  It's the perfect size with great outside compartments.  It's amazing.
It surely will fall apart at some point soon.  It's missing some of its zipper pulls, but the zippers still function, so no biggie.
The only thing I've ever not loved about it was its handle.  When I have my backpack on, it's always packed too full.  Why I think I'll read six different books and write in my journal, I'll never know.  Now that I had a laptop, that only makes matters worse.  Carrying a heavy backpack is actually okay unless you get too hot (always happens with me) and unless you have something else to carry, causing your shoulders to be out of balance.
When I have my backpack plus my carryon rolling suitcase, I always wish the handle were longer.  I just assumed my whole life, though, that it was due to my short arms.  Well, when I got my "gate checked" carryon bag in Culiacán, since it was empty, the handle pulled out much faster than it ever does.  Actually, it's always a chore to get it out because it, like my backpack, is stuffed so full (that's because they don't weigh carryons like they do checked baggage!).  Since it was empty this time, it came out much faster...and farther!  Who knew?!  Now I know and am annoyed that I lost ten years hunching down, but am stoked that it actually is the best suitcase ever!

No comments: