Saturday, March 14, 2009

Vasito and Spanish Class

Since the night that Mamá Alma walked with me to yoga and we left Vasito at home, I have felt like I needed to leave him inside when I go.  Wednesday was no different (I truly didn't want to have to pull him off the bus again, either!).  He got all jumpy and excited as I walked out the door, but when I slid by him out the gate, he seemed depressed.  He pathetically put his paw on the rung of the door trying to keep it from closing.  Oh, this dog!
I made it to Spanish class early (as usual), but decided there had to be an easier way to get to and from.  I seemed to be making a circle (as you tend to do when you take a bus), and I'm all about saving time.  When class was over, I decided to try to walk home.  Best I could tell, it was a straight shot form the school to my house.  Turns out I was right.  I wasn't completely sure, so I went a few blocks backtracking to make sure I was on a road I was familiar with.  I was right and will be walking home or to yoga after every class.  It takes less than 30 minutes when I'm walking at a decent speed.  Walking to class might be a different story since at 4 it's still hot and very sunny.  I don't need to show up to class dripping wet!  But for now, the walk home is pleasant.

No comments: