Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friday run-around

I had Spanish class again on Friday after my nap, so I left Mom to watch U of L.  I came back to a smile on her face, so I knew they had won.  I had so much stuff to send back with Mom (long sleeved things, souvenirs from Mazatlán, other things I'd bought here that I wouldn't need until I got back) that I had offered to pack her bag.  She made it down here without paying the extra bag or overweight fee.  I had big plans to keep that up!
I stuffed and wrapped and carefully placed my mirror, the frames, and my "winter" stuff in her checked bag.  I left enough room for her toiletries and last minute morning things to go in there.
We took a walk to buy a few more things for her to take back including the Japonese peanuts that are so different but so yummy.
When we got back from our 10-15 block jaunt, we decided to eat something light from the hotel.  We each got a sandwich and a limonada mineral for Mom and a naranjada mineral for me.  It hit the spot.  Sandwiches are not Mexico's forte, but they did their jobs!

No comments: