Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nuevo Culiacán

This is the name of my new bus.  Well, one of the two.  I take Buenos Aires in the morning to the baseball stadium and catch Canal Tres.  In the afternoons, I take Canal Tres downtown and catch Nuevo Culiacán.  Nuevo Culiacán is about two blocks closer to my house, and is also the bus I take downtown to walk to Spanish class. 
When I am on my way home from school, it is the shift change, so the driver tends to change on the stop right before mine.  Because of this, while I'm waiting (in the sun and heat at 12:45ish), the Nuevo Culiacán bus typically passes by me at least once.  I guess they're in a hurry to end their shift and don't see a need to pick up a passenger that might slow them down.  It only makes me mad.  Oh, well.  At least when I finally do get home, I'm greeted with words (instead of being ignored) and get a home-cooked and delicious meal.  I wouldn't trade it for the easier bus ride.  I love my new Mexican life. 

No comments: