Saturday, March 21, 2009

Vámonos pa' Mazatlán

Sunday was great.  Having gotten in at 3 and not asleep until 3:30, I wasn't looking forward to morning.  The hotel room was amazing for that because it had these very dark curtains that overlapped so there was absolutely no light in the room.  Around 9:30, Mom came into the room and I woke up.  She had eaten a fantastic fruit plate and I was glad she enjoyed it and had something to entertain her while I had slept.  I got up and got going with a nice, long, hot shower and got my bags repacked to make the trip to Mazatlán.  Mom had brought me several bags full of things that I had requested, and my jeans looked like I had rolled around in dirt the night before (the place is dusty, but I don't understand why they got the way they did!), so we decided to drop some stuff at the house instead of carrying it with us all the way to Maztlán.  I called my tax man Fran and he came to get us.  This was his first time to pick me up since I had moved, so it was nice that I could show him how to get to my new house.  Goodness knows I couldn't have told him.  
He drove us to the empty house and I transferred the things we wouldn't need at the beach to the house.  Off we went to the bus station.  I seem to have really good luck with buses (which I think is because they run relatively often).  We got there around 12:05 and the bus left at 12:30.  We got our tickets and made our way to the bus.  The ride there was your typical ride, though we hit something at some point.  We don't know whether it was an animal or a car or a piece of something in the road.  Regardless, we kept on truckin'!  A few minutes later, we pulled to the side of the road to check out the bus I suppose.  After about a 10 minute delay, we were on our way again.  Hm.  I was just glad we weren't standing on the side of the road!
We arrived at the bus station nearing 3:00.  Walking out the front doors, we got pretty much attacked by taxi drivers, all speaking English.  I wanted Mom to experience a pulmonía, but it seemed there were none at the time.  We debated waiting for one and ended up jumping on in the taxi.  The beach, after all, was calling!
(The title of this post, by the way, is a song that Mom got introduced to in Alma's car on Saturday.  It's catchy enough that she was singing it all week!)

No comments: