Saturday, March 21, 2009

PuraVidaJuice

That was the name of the other restaurant I knew we needed to hit up.  When I was there with Mabel's family, we ate at the hotel some, so I was only introduced to these two restaurants.  When Ashley was here, it was so brief, I wanted to make sure she witnessed it.  When I went with the girls, we ate at Cristina's parents' house and then quesadillas in the house that night.
I told you Mexico is all about food, and I meant it!
We walked up the three blocks on Monday morning to the smoothie place.  The downside is that they have delicious smoothies and equally as yummy food.  I had walked there with the intent of ordering just a smoothie.  The one I get has grapes, mangos, strawberry yogurt, and granola.  It's enough to fill you all day.  But when there are such great food options, too, you feel like you should take advantage, right?!  So we ordered our smoothies and breakfasts.  I went ahead and got a sandwich that I had had before and really loved.  Mom got a more traditional Mexican breakfast with eggs and chilaquiles.  She ate about 2 bites since by the time the food came we had finished almost half of our smoothies.  We were sitting outside, and it got chilly in the shade.  We paid our (minimal, again) bill, and walked (waddled) back to the hotel.  I regretted my decision to eat a meal as well as the smoothie!

No comments: