Saturday, March 21, 2009

A better Wednesday

Mom woke up Wednesday feeling better.  But better in the sense that she wasn't going to be sick anymore.  She still felt weak and had absolutely no desire to eat anything!
I wanted my smoothie, so I ran up to PuraVidaJuice and ordered my usual to go.  I stopped in the Oxxo to get Mom some crackers and headed back to the room to get ready for the last day of beach, pool, and sun.  
Mom thought she could handle something very bland, so I went down to the restaurant, conveniently located right by the pool, and ordered her some plain, white toast.  About ten minutes later, she was joining my by the pool, and eating some toast.  
After an hour or so in the sun, we decided to spend some Grandmother money.  She had sent come entertainment money for us, and we decided to entertain ourselves with some jewelry from the vendors on the beach.  Mom got a really pretty set of red something or other.  She got a pair of earrings and a ring.  She resisted the salesman's prompting to get the pendant, too, which was a good move.  That would've just been overload.  I went back and forth between a pair of green turquoise earrings and a blue lapis ring.  Mom convinced me Grandmother would want me to have both.  I didn't debate.  We haggled the price a tiny bit and then I ran upstairs for the money.  We made our purchases and then decided to head up to the room.
Wednesday was our last day, so we had to officially check out at noon.  I come by my sun worshipping honest, so I arranged for us to store our luggage and I would soak in as many rays as I could for as long as I could stand it.  Mom sat in the open-air lobby, but around 2 came out to join me because it was too chilly in the shade and breeze!  By then she was feeling enough better that she wanted to go on the hunt for a souvenir.  She offered to bring me a sandwich from PuraVidaJuice and I took her up on it.  She came back with it and I was sitting in the shade, video chatting with Patrick, so I passed him to her and they caught up while I ate my sandwich.  
All good things must come to an end, so we made our way to the bus station and bought our tickets at 3:05 for the 3:20 bus back to Culiacán; I told you I have great luck with bus timing.

No comments: