Saturday, March 14, 2009

Running here and there

Tuesday, I was ready for my Spanish class again, but still tired from the groggy morning I'd had.  Not to mention super-stressed about my tv appearance.  As I was riding to class (I stuck with bus routes I knew this time), I realized all I still had to do for Mom's visit: reserve a hotel in Culiacán, reserve the hotel in Mazatlán, clean my room, do laundry, make lists, pack, ETC.  I got really stressed thinking about it.
Lori had orchestra practice all week from 6-10pm, so she was not going to be in class again until Monday at the earliest.  I got to class and it was another good class.  It was a presentation of what we had done in group work the day before.  Then we read a work by Gabriel García Márquez.  We had a discussion about it and then had homework.  We had to write a letter to one of the characters.  As I was leaving class, I realized I had plenty of time to get to yoga, so I could walk it. That way, I could stop at the hotel on the way and check out prices and availability.  I also stopped to buy a notebook for Spanish and some other goodies (tape for my decorations at school, etc).  I stopped at the hotel and the price on the wall said 2995 pesos per night.  WHOA.  That seemed a bit ridiculous, honestly to be in Culiacán.  The only thing I could figure was that there was travel-sized gold instead of the typical shampoo/soap/lotion giveaways.  
I asked anyway, and was told there was a discount.  It was more than 50%.  Sold.  I wanted to check with Mom first, though, so I made sure this deal wasn't restricted to now or never, and got the manager's name and personal line at the hotel.  I was set to make the reservation Wednesday afternoon when she would be there.
I got to the corner for yoga right at 7, which would've been okay.  However, I was not feeling it.  I was so stressed about all I had to do for Mom and for the tv show that I knew I wouldn't have a good class.  And then I would feel like I'd wasted two hours.  So I just headed home, got showered, and got into bed early.  I was going to be up at 6, so I might as well attempt to get some sleep first.

No comments: