Saturday, March 21, 2009

Taxi me there.

Topete was already there since it was his birthday.  Jared was, too.  Marco and Iván were both already planning on riding motorcycles, and Alma wouldn't get off work until after 8:30.  We decided to take a taxi there.  Mom had said she would take a taxi back when she was ready to go and I could stay.
We got there to a sparse crowd, and not the main group of people I hang out with.  All of them had been at the party, I know all of them, and they all know me, but they're not the ones who populate my blog entries.
We sat, chatted with those who were there, and then after about 30-45 minutes, more of my crew showed up.  Mom was obviously still not feeling so great because she barely ate anything.  I ended up eating most of our chicken strips and vegetable plate!  Alma sent me a text saying she was still not feeling so hot, so was not coming.  Since Mom had met everyone, and we had extended the conversation as much as we could with our end of the table, we decided to call it a night.  I could've let her go back to the room by herself and stayed out a bit longer.  I hadn't visited much with my friends at the other end of the table.  However, I knew what a full day we had the next day, and it wouldn't end there since Friday we had big early morning plans as well.

No comments: