Saturday, March 21, 2009

Forum-bound

Because of the extended recreo, my last two classes were extremely brief.  I spent less than 20 minutes in 5th and 6th grade.  There wasn't a lot to accomplish since next week we'll be preparing for my "English Festival" on Friday.  There are two days of testing when I won't have students, but I'm hoping to make some magic happen before then!
We boarded the bus, both completely satisfied with a successful day.  We were armed with leftover tamales and cake, so we dropped that off at the hotel, and rested for a minute before heading back out to see what Forum mall was like.  It's nothing special, and looks just like any mall in the US, but it helps to see reality for when you read about my life!  Besides, who knows what Forum might have on sale, right?
Forum was just that: a mall.  We saw Zara.  And I mean we saw Zara.  They had all new stuff since the last time I was there two weeks ago and they had lots of empty racks.  I wasn't in the shopping mood (mostly because I'd eaten more in the past four days than all of February it seemed!), so I didn't try anything on.  I didn't see anything on sale, either, so that didn't help.  I did, however, see plenty of things I liked and will go back to check out at some point!
I wanted Mom to see the food court, because that's where I did emailing when I didn't have a signal at Mabel's (and now that my dial up seems to be funky, I may have to go back to that at some point!).  I also wanted to get some sushi for lunch.  Enough time had passed since breakfast/cake that I wasn't starving, but could handle eating since I would be spending four hours at Spanish class and then yoga.  If I didn't eat something before yoga, I was sure I'd have an awful class.  And if I waited until too close to yoga time, I would be sick in class.
I ordered my sushi, and Mom and I went into the Natural foods store and got her a cone of fresh fruit yogurt.  She was satisfied with it.  I didn't like the texture.  Just as well!  I ate my raw salmon and shrimp, and she wouldn't have liked that texture.

No comments: