Sunday, March 29, 2009

Manga Larga (Long sleeves)

Saturday night, we had a birthday party (shocker) for a friend of Lenin's.  Through a facebook chat with Rocio, I found out that half of our friends were unavailable anyway, due to a poker bet.  The girls (Liliana, Topete's "not-girlfriend," and two others that I can't remember right now) lost to the guys (obviously Renato, Topete and the other two) a few weeks ago and had to prepare a carne asada and buy the beer.  No one else was invited.  Bummer.  I was craving carne asada.
Alma prepared me around 7 for our 9-10 pm departure (what a range, right?) for said party.  She also said that it was cold outside, so she was going to wear jeans (duh) and long sleeves.
Hm.  I've been out in the middle of the night and chilly, so I thought for once, I might be nativesque and wear long sleeves.  I was cute, for those of you who care: black button up, collared shirt, white "cucumber" earrings (as Andy would say), and a black and white polka-dot headband.   Jeans and my trademark black flops.  Of course it was much later when we left.  Closer to 10:30.  We picked up Mayrita and called to check in on Chapo and Karla.  Rene (Foca) and Jair made an appearance as well.
I was the only one in long sleeves.  I wanted to take a picture, and should have.  Almost all of my pictures from December through now have me in a tube top or sleeveless while all the Mexicans are in jackets, scarves, etc.  I must admit that I was comfortable, and almost still chilly.  The others were visibly shivering.  I have finally arrived (How many times have I said that already this year?)!

No comments: