Monday, March 23, 2009

sun night

After burying my nose in a Spanish/English dictionary most of the afternoon, I was tired at night on Sunday.  Okay, maybe that was also due to the fact that I was out too late (though it was an early night) with my friends the night before after a week of catching up with Mom.
Early in the evening, Alma told me that we would be going out for dinner after mass (I didn't go to mass) with Lenin, Chapo, Karla and Cristian.  I was game at 7.  But when 9:30 rolled around and they were just pulling into the house, I was a little hesitant.  Alma said, "Get up!  You're going!"  So I did.  We went all around town dropping off cars and moving around, mostly with girls in Alma's car and boys in Lenin's Tecate truck.
We ate.  We had appetizers.  The boys had a pitcher of beer and the girls each had a glass of lemonade.
The bill came and they all pointed to Cristian, who laid down his credit card, only to be told they don't accept credit cards.
Seeing as how Mom had paid for everything while she was here, and had left me a few bucks, I fished around in my purse and came up with the 300 pesos to cover the bill and tip.  They all got onto me for paying, but I wasn't up for sitting around while they found cash.  Also, not that I owe them for being my friends (I'm not buying friends, eh?), but occasionally, it's nice to show someone appreciation.  
I think I did that.
I got home in time to be really tired again and to think of the nightmares I was going to have getting up at 6:30!

No comments: