Thursday, March 5, 2009

Days off

On Wednesday, I had the option to sleep the day away.  I opted out and took advantage of the rare opportunity to practice yoga in the morning.  Morning yoga is not my favorite since your body has not moved yet and isn't as flexible as it is by night yoga.  However, there is no night class on Wednesday, so I had to take advantage (and running just sounded awful) while I could.
At 8:30, I left the house and got to the studio before 9.  I was sleepy and stuff, but ready.  It was a good class.  It seemed cooler than usual at first, but then it was a hot one.  It was also upper-body heavy, which is so hard, but what I need (well, I need it all!).
I left yoga and got home to shower before heading out again.  Living here means fresh cooked lunch everyday, which is amazing, but I was having a sushi withdrawal.  I needed to go pay my internet bill and wanted to try to find some goodies at Walmart for puppy chow or Benedictines for the English office, so I figured I could just make a day out of it and kill all birds with one trip.
I let Mamá Alma know the plan and ventured off to the other side of town with my backpack.  I made my first leg of the trip to Walmart.  This included a long walk in the blistering heat because this Walmart is a bit off the beaten path.  I got everything I needed (and maybe a little chocolate that I didn't need!) and stuffed it in my backpack (after paying).  I trekked back to the bus stop and rode the bus to Forum mall.  My first stop there was to pay a bill for Alma's mom.  When I told her where I was going, she asked if I'd stop by Liverpool and make a payment for her.  No problem.  I paid the bill and made my way to the food court.  It was a little after 3 and the place was still packed!  I ordered my usual (Emperador: salmon, shrimp, alguila sauce, tampico, large diet coke) and enjoyed every minute of it.  Since it was already after three, every minute of it was not many; I inhaled it!  It was delicious, and just what I had wanted.
I was ready to leave when I thought I might stop in Zara to see what was new.  Now that Forum was on the opposite end of town from me, I wouldn't be there as much.  Well, they had a whole new line in and still more things on sale.  I ended up with four new dresses and three t-shirt type tops.  There were at least three pairs of shoes I wanted, but figured 2000 pesos was enough for one day's damage!  

No comments: