Sunday, March 15, 2009

Clase de Inglés

As I got home from yoga on Thursday, I saw that there was a car in front of my house and a Mayrita shaped body sitting on the curb.  I walked up and saw her chatting with Karla, who was sitting in her driver's seat.  As I got within hearing distance, Karla says, "Wahtss jure lahst nayme?"  "¿Mande?"  She repeated.  "Ah.  Klapheke.  What's your last name?"
She answered me and then we discussed her English classes that started on Monday at Centro de Idiomas.  It was cracking me up.  She practiced all her new words.  We had a fun time.  Alma walked up shortly thereafter and got asked the same question.  It was so funny! 
I decided to go on in and shower and I thought I might come back down to socialize, but given the circumstances (extreme exhaustion), I decided against it!  I was out like a light.

No comments: