Monday, March 2, 2009

5th grade

After recreo on Fridays, I have 4th and 5th grade back to back.  They are in the same book due to no books one year.  This makes things easier on the planning.  However, easier is relative.  With the constant cancellations, it's actually pretty rare that both classes are literally on the same page.  
Friday was a great example of this.  Fourth grade was already quite a bit ahead of 5th grade.  The lesson I was doing with 4th grade ended up taking much longer than I had anticipated.  They were not understanding me and was clearly not explaining things adequately!  After what seemed the millionth explanation, I realized I wasn't getting anywhere.  I looked at my watch and realized I was 15 minutes late to my next class!  Because of recess, the last two classes are already only 40 minutes each (at best- if recreo dismisses on time!).  
I walked into fifth grade, said, "Good morning," and the bell rang. 
How could I forget that it was the end of the month and payday?!  When I later explained this to Alma, she gave me a face that said not all schools do that.  Interesting.
And again, Oh Mexico!

No comments: