Monday, March 2, 2009

Extra classes

I think I have mentioned that I'm going to teach one extra (8:00) class each day until Mom gets here to make up for the time I'll miss as well as to prepare for the "Open Class" at the end of March.  On Thursday, I handled the buses much better and arrived at school before the kids were dismissed from playing to go to their classrooms (I didn't have to be there until 8:50- some things haven't changed).  I decided to go ahead and get there early on Friday to be with 6th grade.  It felt like we hadn't had class in months.  In truth, we had probably met once or twice over the previous 3 weeks.  That's NOT enough for learning!
I got to school a bit before 8 and realized that it was Honores (the pledge, anthem, and presentation by a grade level), that typically takes place on Mondays, but hadn't that week because we had no classes.  By the time it was over and 6th grade got where they were going, I had less than 5 minutes with them.  Big surprise there.  I checked their homework for completion and went on to my regularly scheduled 2nd grade class.
Oh, Mexico. How I'll miss showing up to school and wondering which classes I will have, which classes I won't have, and what time we'll dismiss!

No comments: