Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Night to Remember

Considering we were going to be up before 5am, we decided to get in bed before 11.  Our efforts, though, were a bit pointless.  As soon as our heads hit the pillow, the little girl in the room next to us decided to be upset about something and put up a fight.  She cried.  And cried.  And cried.  And this room's acoustics were worse than in Mazatlán and we didn't have the benefit of a loud air conditioner.  Oh, well
She finally stopped I guess because we both fell asleep.
Around 1:30, though, we were both awake due to the heat and bathroom.  Mom got up to go to the bathroom and realized the lights weren't turning on.  And that the alarm clock was no longer showing that time.  And that the room was hot because the air conditioner wasn't working.  I called the front desk where the music from the lobby bar was blaring and told them our problem.  They assured me that all rooms were without power and they were doing what they could.
We somehow got back to sleep making sure my cell phone alarm was set.
Mom later told me that a few hours later, the sink was dripping loudly.  I must've had enough by that point because I didn't even notice!
It was not fun getting up before 5, but I'm glad I went to the airport with Mom.  We got her through the line (her bag was 1.85 kilos over the international weight limit, but the agent had pity on us I guess) and I walked her upstairs to the security check point for the gate.
Mamá Alma and her sister took me back to the hotel where I napped, showered, and caught up on my blog.  I am now officially caught up.  I'm not sure how long I'll stay caught up because I'm not sure when I'll get to the TelCel store to check up on my dial up problems.
But for now, know that I have a party (or two, there are always two) tonight, I will be obligated to do something on the actual day of my birth, and I have a HUGE school presentation for Maribel on Friday after a week where it's likely I won't have two days of classes.  YIKES!
At some point, I will try to fill you in on the minute by minute between now and then.
Thanks for reading!
AND THANK YOU MOM!!!!!! I had so much fun with you and am glad you got to see all these wonderful people!

No comments: