Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Taxi!

Last week when I went to yoga but Umberto and Cecy didn't, I took a taxi and the driver creeped me out a bit at the beginning.  I think he had a speech impediment, so it was hard to understand him anyway, but he kept talking about the DIF (which I think is sort of like social services).  He seemed to be trying to prove his validity.  That made me nervous.  A- was he really scamming me, and B- are the other taxis that don't show me their validity unsafe?!
The more he talked the more I felt at ease.  I read the paper and it just explained their company.  All is well.  He gave me his card with his cell on it (smooth move) and I told him I might be calling him for an airport trip, since I knew my Cozumel flight left at 7am and Mabel wouldn't want to be up at 5!
I called him this afternoon and set up the reservation.  I was proud.  He seemed clearer on the phone.
Was he?  Or am I just better...  
He was clearer.

No comments: