Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Socialite Shania

Shania's legacy lives on in Culiacán even if she's in Michigan.  Bless her heart, she's freezing, and worse, she's in a small town.  Shania is a life-of-the-party type as well as on a honey-search.  I think she's over-worked professionally and bored socially.
However, she is always up to the task of making sure I'm enjoying her city-and country.
You'll recall that she gave out my number to several folks when I got here.  Alma being the key player.  When we were in DC, she also made me a cheat sheet of important folks here and their numbers.  People within the SEP (Board of Ed more or less), Inglés en Primaria, her friends, her family.
Within that list was a cousin who lives in Mexico City.  They have a house in a pueblo on the outskirts of Mexico City.  My goal was to see the pueblos around Mexico City on the weekend, and to see all of DF (Mexico City) on a tour bus on Wednesday since our meeting doesn't start until dinner Wednesday night (8pm).
I'm pumped about the site-seeing and thankful to have met Shania who insists on making sure I'm happy.

No comments: