Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Borns

I don't think I posted on this already, but in case I did, I'll be brief.  In a last minute shopping spree before I left (I shopped all summer, blaming all my expenses on Mexico), I searched high and low for a reduced-price laptop case.  None could be found.  However, while scouring TJ Maxx, Born shoes could be found.  All teachers are aware of Borns (or should be).  They're comfortable and mildly stylish at times.  Some are certainly "teacher shoes," but many are pretty cute!
I went a bit crazy at TJs, because I didn't need shoes (I never need shoes, yet always "need" shoes).  There were two pairs of Borns, each for $40.  I went ahead and got both.  There's a brown wedge and a black patent flip flop.  I left the wedge at home for next summer, figuring I wouldn't wear heels much.  I have worn out my black flip flops.  I am so glad I got them!  I wear them almost every day.
Yesterday, however, in that wretched trip to Wal-mart (that caused me to feel bad, etc), I walked too far in them and now have a minor blister to show for it.  Today was a day for the Sauconys.

No comments: