Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cancel that!

So in the middle of my first blog, I heard Yuri's mom downstairs.  Mabel had told me yesterday that she had called and wanted to send a few things with me for Yuri and would be stopping by.  I hate being interrupted in a blog because I almost never go back and finish it!  But I did.
I went downstairs and she was there with Tia Carmen.  They were chatting with Mabel and on the counter were five books, a bag of tortillas, a grocery bag full of food, and a mini-cooler. 
I was a bit overwhelmed.  Honestly, after looking at it all, I was annoyed.  But I listened.  We chatted.  They chatted.
We ate some of the tortillas (her mom had MADE them this afternoon, and let me tell you there is a difference!!!).  Then she told me she wanted to go with me since there was so much food and in case there were extra fees, etc.  Up to this point I had been thinking about reversed roles.  If I had been going to the States with a group of Mexicans and meeting up with Yuri somewhere, I would certainly want her to bring me whatever I felt I needed from Nashville.  
It will inconvenience me a bit, but only in that I had a plan for what I wanted to pack where and now that changes a bit.  It just takes some shifting.  Of clothing, and of mindset.

No comments: