Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Monday Night Football...and the rest of Monday.

Let's start off right...
HOW BOUT MY TITANS?!  I wish I could've seen in on tv...  I was so excited the past three or four weeks to see Monday Night Football on my TV.  I have six channels, mind you.  They're all in Spanish, which is fine, but knowing I would have the chance to see the Titans play the Colts was very exciting.  
Let me start off the day right.
I woke up to my alarm at 7:45 (8:45 body clock time) and put on my yoga clothes.  I made it out to my bus, transferred downtown, and arrived early as usual.  I plopped down on the sidewalk to wait until the man opened up the garage door.  As I'm people watching the work traffic, I hear my name.  It's Cristina arriving.  
She asks me if my school schedule has already changed, but I let her know that there was just a meeting for our principal (or something) and there were no classes.  The morning class is just as good as the night class, but there are definitely differences.  Even in Nashville, I prefer afternoon classes because I've had a chance to eat during the day (in the morning classes, I'd have to be up and at 'em three hours before class to eat since it's not advised to eat up to 2 hours before class), so I have some energy in my body, and also I've been moving, so my joints and muscles have loosened up and are already ready to go.  The same was true here.
Another difference is that this was all women.  I felt like I was in Brentwood and the moms were in yoga class while the dads were at work (though in Brentwood, I would've been in their houses babysitting while the moms were working out!).  It was a very competitive feeling class.  It felt like everyone was watching everyone.  Maybe I was having an insecure day and only thought it was that way.
I left yoga and went home for my shower.  I had lunch and went to Forum to exchange a jacket I bought, but they didn't have them anymore.  I kept the one I had.
I came home and emailed, facebooked, and chatted until Monday Night Football time.  I couldn't find it anywhere!  I guess the World Series takes precedence over a losing Colts team and a Titans team that few outside of the great state of Tennessee care about.
I squinted at my screen on nfl.com and actually kept up!  I still don't get it all, but I do get that we WON!  Though they had me scared for awhile.  I'm so excited for them!  Too bad I'm here and not in the States...

No comments: