Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The 14th

Yesterday was the 14th.  Why teachers got their paychecks on the 14th instead of the 15th, I don't know, but they did.
After recreo, I had a test to give to third grade.  They struggled but soldiered on.  The grades are pretty mediocre, but such is life in a new setting with a new teacher and lots of new English words.  That's not the point to this blog.  The test took longer than I had anticipated, so I didn't start walking to 6th grade until right at 12 instead of 11:45.  No biggie, we're in Mexico.  I get TO THE DOOR and the bell rings.
Great.  
Class lost.
On the bus ride home, I ask Geno what happened, and she said since it's payday we got out early.  All we need is a reason, people.  No, really, most teachers work the double shift.  They leave their morning school, grab a quick bite and start at their afternoon school.  Since it was payday, they needed time to go stand in line at the bank.  Makes sense to me, and since I have direct deposits in the ol' US of A, I just enjoyed my extra thirty minutes!

No comments: