Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bus Driver

I thought yesterday might have been the end of my days in Mexico.
After my treacherous ride to school yesterday and a long day of not feeling good and teaching anyway, I was anxious to get home, get some water/gatorade, and get some sleep!  The bus drivers here have some serious intuition and love to play games with their customers!  He must've known I was feeling awful.
We got to the downtown stop and the bus filled to the brim.  As we were continuing our journey, there was some sort of back-up.  Our driver took it upon himself to take a different route, repeatedly checking his schedule to see if we could get back on track.  I think he got us back on track!   We jumped several curbs, went the wrong way on a one-way street, and popped a u-turn in the middle of an intersection when our light was red!
I survived, thankfully.

No comments: