Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It is well... With my soul.... Or the Hallelujah Chorus, whichever you prefer.

Leaving school today, Wednesday, I realize that Maribel and Ana Luisa are not going to like the proposed schedule change.  I could already tell when they were at school.  But during recreo, I chatted some with Prof. Roberto (principal) and he asked what I thought about this (I thought it was great, by the way): I would teach four afternoons from 1:30-5 grades 2-6, and I would teach one morning a week to cover first grade, one hour per group.  I would basically have Mondays off, afternoons Tuesday through Friday, one full day (I would bargain for Thursday) and Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings available for yoga!  Life is PERFECT, yet no way will it go down.
On my bus ride home, Maribel called to see which day I had decided on for Casa Achoy.  I still had not heard back from office in Mexico City, and I couldn't hear her well, so she said she would call me later.
I had sent an email to Lucas, the former Fulbright teacher from Mexico to the States who now teaches here and works with Comexus (and was in DC, etc) to ask him what I should do about contacting Maggie and Jess because they were out of town on business and I didn't want to interrupt, yet needed an answer.  His advice was to text them and let them know it was urgent and to tell me a time I could call.
I followed his advice once I got to Forum today (the mall).  About thirty minutes later, I got a call from Jess.  She's in Guanajuato with some other group with Comexus and can't do anything for me now, but she listened.  I explained.  And she offered the solution.
A) Since I don't want to do Casa Achoy, I don't have to.  If I had wanted to, they would make a way for that to work.  Since I don't, I'm not obligated.
B) If the schedule changes at my school, I will not be moved to another school.  I will stay with the same kids.  I will not have an extra job to make up the hours.
LIFE IS AS IT SHOULD BE.
C) I'm to give her Maribel's contact information so she can call, email, etc as soon as she gets in the office on Monday.  
All praises be....
If the change goes down, I'll have 3 day weekends every week.  I'll have yoga 4-5 times a week.  And I'll stay with my kids.
I'm a lucky gal.
I think this will be it on blogs for the week.  I will try to keep good notes so next week when I update, it will be creative, funny, and entertaining.
Thanks for reading!

No comments: