Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cosette

On the way to the baseball stadium to buy our tickets on Friday, Cosette busied herself in the backseat with Mabel's flashcard pack that we were given to complement our textbooks.  She would pull one out and say, "Repeat, black.  Black.  Repeat, black.  Very good.  Ice cream.  Repeat, ice cream.  Very good."
She then would ask, "What is it?" and one of us would have to answer.  All weekend she kept it up.  On Sunday night, when on their way to bed, Cosette told Mabel that it was time for English class.  That she was the teacher.
I decided early last week that I was going to take advantage of these Mexicans!  I have no authentic speaking for my students to listen to.  I have decided to make a DVD for my Spanish curriculum.  I'm going to use Cosette and some of my other students (one from each grade so they "look" like my students) and have them present the vocabulary.  I'm also going "Harry Wong" on them, and borrowing their curriculum to organize mine.  I love the way I teach, but some days it's completely without direction.  I hope to gain direction, and visuals, through this year in Mexico.  Cosette, of course, is thrilled that she will be the star of the show!

No comments: