Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Lady-butts

Let me explain.  When I was little, I would dress in my U of L cheerleader uniform and go to Louisville basketball games (surely the butts were at basketball, right?) with my family.  I don't remember this era.  I was that young.  
During halftime, their dance team would dance.  They were called the Ladybirds.  I, however, likely misheard, or more likely began my career as a sarcastic soul and named them the Lady-butts.  Butt was NOT an appropriate word at my house.  It went in the same box as MTV, call waiting, Shut-up, and HBO.  It was appropriate, though, since it was accurate.  I don't remember getting in trouble for saying it.  Now that I think of it, I probably overheard one of my brothers saying it, but I'll claim the creativity for myself (at such a young age, no less!).
At the baseball game, there were some lady-butts of sorts.  They came out in silk, silk mind you, overalls.  I think they were white.  It looked like a tank top underneath.  I found out soon enough what was underneath because they dropped the overalls, and these, my friends, were the Mexican lady-butts.  I have never seen such enthusiasm (meaning a dance team) for baseball, but I certainly have never seen so much skin in all my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only designation made around me was lady-buns which was allowed to you 3 who were denied so many of life's pleasures - but what would you have to complain about as adults if not such things? :) MOM