Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Saturday

Since plans with Maricela fell through on Friday, I planned on hearing from Alma on Saturday.  Shad told me it would be tranquilo, but I didn't realize that meant non-existent.  Saturday was a day like all previous Saturdays.  We went to the house to do laundry.  From there we went to the mall to eat lunch before popping into TelCel for a visit.  We all had sushi and it was so good, as usual.
Our purpose at TelCel was two-fold.  First, I needed to clear up what my actual rate for calling the US was.  They didn't even have my phone registered.  Mabel had called the week we got it to register it, but apparently someone dropped the ball.  So they couldn't track the call I had made, therefor, I couldn't receive payback.  Oh, well.  The second reason was that Mabel had gone with Cosette to Splash Club on Friday.  I have yet to figure if this was a school, class, grade or city function.  At some point, Mabel needed Cosette's attention and started walking to call for her and wasn't looking where she was going.  She fell into the water- clothes, purse and all!
Her phone now doesn't ring, so she wanted to check out the warranty.  Surprisingly, there's little hassle here.  You don't have to provide anything.  Since they have you registered in the database, they just replace it on the spot.  However, Mabel's phone was over a year old.  Tough luck.
While walking through the mall to head to the car, we saw several booths set up with tourist information about sites in and around Culiacán.  There were about ten and we were interested in three or four of them.  The plan was to go to some farm Sunday during the day and then see the "dancing fountains light show" on Sunday night.
We headed back home and did a whole lotta nothin'.  I again caught up on my political gossip.

No comments: