Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sunday

Since I wasn't sure of our plans, I didn't go to church.  At 12, when we still hadn't done anything, I got dressed.  Daylight savings ended on Saturday night in Mexico.  Although I think there are several places in Mexico who don't participate (the state north of me, Sonora, stays on regular time year-round, like bordering state Arizona and Cozumel doesn't acknowledge Daylight Savings, either).  Around one I was starving since it was lunchtime on my body clock (2pm).  But I figured we would eat on our way to wherever we were going.  Ha!  Around 3, Mabel came knocking on my door.  Was I hungry?  Had I eaten?  Did I want to cook or go out?  The answers: YES.  No.  We have no groceries, so we can't cook.  
We debated what we wanted to eat.  Cosette wanted sushi.  She could eat it every meal I'm convinced.  We decided on salads and drove toward Papá's side of town.  The salads came with dressing already on, which I didn't love, and Mexican lettuce is limp.  But it was a good salad.  It had good toppings and the dressing was not heavy.  I got a combo, which included a half salad and a baguette.  The baguette was Mexican processed turkey, but still it was good: good sauce, good cheese, etc.
Then we went to get Mabel's clothes from Papá's.  Then we went home.  Nothing more until the light show at 7.  I have NO idea what happened to our afternoon plans.  I should've asked.  But I didn't.
The lights show was decent.  It was a scaled down version of what you see in the fountains outside a Vegas hotel (think Ocean's Eleven) at night with coordinated music.  It lasted about thirty minutes.  Cosette whined appropriately because it didn't entertain her enough.  
We were parked at a grocery store, so we went in to grab a few things we lacked.  Mabel needed shampoo, lotion and toothpaste, which I ended up splitting with her cost-wise.  I was annoyed, but then I realized that my dollar is going up and hers is going down, and there will be another week when I need something that she doesn't and she'll split that with me.
When life is this cheap, and the dollar is earning more pesos, it's hard to justify worrying about a few bucks.

No comments: