Thursday, October 9, 2008

Frustrated with Free

I am sitting in Plaza Forum, the local mall about a 10 minutes bus ride from my house taking advantage of the internet because I've been a bit annoyed with the past three days of no service.  I must admit that I was glad to not have it on Tuesday.  Sometimes when I get on the computer, I look up and it's four hours later.  I've chatted with various friends and family, I've updated my blog, I've created lists, and I've organized pictures.  By then, my head hurts, my eyes hurt, and I feel tired.  I haven't done anything, but still I feel tired.  Well, Tuesday, I had none of that, so I napped a bit.  Then I got up and went to yoga!  I had been to garden yoga on Sunday and Mabel and I had gone running on Monday.  I was ready for three days in a row of activity.  I did it!  I left at 6 and got there at 6:45, as usual.  I was the first to arrive.  Cecy, the woman I chatted with last time, arrived shortly after and we picked up our conversation.  She started asking where I lived, where my school was, etc.  All in shock at the distances between (including the distance to yoga-though if I were driving, it's closer to Mabel's house than Hot Yoga Nashville is to mine!).  We enter, Cristina the teacher (who went to college in Boston before studying Bikram yoga with Bikram in California) greets me by name (love that) and we sit and chat.  Cecy introduces me to several people.  Roberto (or Umberto, not sure which) is sitting near and she solicits a ride from him for me after class.  She asked me how I got home and I told her taxi.  She told me I was crazy for spending money like that.  She said people are always willing to give rides.  She would even drop me off downtown and I could hitch a ride from there.  No thanks!  Anyway, Ro/Umberto obliged and also offered to take me home every class.  Great!  All with no effort on my part (we all know I wouldn't want to bother anyone by asking them to go out of their way for me)!
So here I sit, sipping on my empty glass trying to look like I should still be here using their internet.  Really they don't care.  That's another difference between there and here.  There's no rush.  None.  Take your time eating, drinking, etc.  Even if all our tables are full, that's why you're here: to enjoy yourself!

No comments: