Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mexico here I come

Here in the country of Mexico, Mexico means Mexico City.  In November, I'll be traveling to Mexico City to reunite with all Fulbrighters here in the country of Mexico.  We'll have a dinner on Wednesday, and two days of meetings/hanging out.  Then we'll have the weekend free!  I have the following Monday off, so I'm thinking of going to visit Lee Gentry, who's only a few hours away from Mexico City, or seeing all there is to see in and around Mexico City (including some classroom observations).  Mabel's sister Alma lives there and has already offered her pad as well as the two Fulbrighters stationed in Mexico City.  Shania has a cousin there, too.  I think I'll have a place to stay!
Anyway, we have to arrange our flight, etc and then get reimbursed.  Our hotel is taken care of as are most meals.  The biggest thing is a 20 minute presentation of our schools.  Of course, as teachers, I'm sure we're all overachievers.  I've started piecing together my video.  I am loving my new computer right about now.  It makes videos/presentations easy.  Well, not easy in the sense of time.  I'll be working on it from now until I get there November 12 I'm sure.  But it doesn't require internet, so those stinking days I'm at home with no service, I can put myself to use!

No comments: